Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Malifaux WIP: Monk of High River

I got some time on me hands again and decided to do a quick paint up of a Monk of High River. He's from the Ten Thunders faction. And also my practice piece before I paint the rest of the crew :)
I decided to got for the classic browns and orangey look on the cover art of the box. I gave the mini a brighter orange look though. The brown was already a darker color and I wanted something abit brighter.
I basecoated the cloak in Rhinox Hide. Then added Troll Slayer Orange to the Doombull Brown (50:50). Then I layered on the previous mix again, but adding more Troll Slayer Orange with each layer. I then highlighted with pure Troll Slayer Orange. And then added Yriel Yellow to the mix as a final highlight. I think I washed the final product with a mix of Rhinox Hide with Troll Slayer Orange into the recesses.
For the body armor, it was mainly done using black and grey highlights in an attempt at metal/silver NMM. The inner clothing was done using Rhinox Hide as a base as well. Then Skrag Brown was mixed into it for the highlights. Final highlights saw addition of some Flayed One Flesh to the mix.
I added some greenstuff and spare plastic bits to the base to simulate rocks. Wanted to give the look of him skipping over rocks on water. 
I painted the water part of the base blue and then when it dried, poured in Realistic Water from Woodland Scenics. I bought the Realistic Water like 4 years ago, and it still works!

Look forward to painting the rest of the crew, especially Shen Long. I'll probably save him for last.

Have a great week ahead everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment