Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Dark Angels WIP: Tactical Squad Sergeant

Happy September everyone! I've been planning my Dark Angels army again and will decide to include more standard Tactical Marines. This will also fit well into the Slowburn League that I have joined. I recently had some games with my Deathwing/Ravenwing combined list. While fun, they were sorely lacking in numbers and Objective Secured.

So I decided to paint up some Tactical Marines for the next phase of the Slowburn League games :)

I quick painted a test model last night to get a feel of the colors I would need with the newer range of Citadel paints.
I think the Sarge here is from the Black Reach set. The miniature is primed black. Then I applied 2 coats of Caliban Green. The paint itself is already Dark Angel's fluff flavored haha!
I like it that the starter box set Dark Angels have the Tactical Squad insignia already moulded into the model. Then I mixed in Warpstone Glow with Caliban Green (30:70) ratio to layer on the whole model, just to brighten the armor just a bit.
Moot Green was then used for the edge highlights, while pure Warpstone Glow was used for the initial highlights.
I did not paint much gold on this miniature as gold is reserved more for inner circle and veteran members of the chapter.

I'm planning to see if I can fit a Lion's Blade detachment into 1250 points which is for the next Slowburn League battle. Will be priming and assembling more Marines then ;)

Have a great week ahead everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment