Thursday, August 13, 2015

Dark Elf WIP: Kharibdyss

This model belongs to my friend Jaeroler for his Dark Elf army. I finished this model about 4 to 5 months back. But never got to pass it to him. I was going to finish the base with my glue gun to simulate some water effects, but the glue gun broke down.

Anyways, I hope to finally pass it to him by this month lol!
But before that, I might just do some touch up on the model. It's quite an unusual monstrous creature in that it had no eyes or face per se. Mainly gaping maws and lots of teeth. The model is resin and it took a bit to get him even assembled.
I went with mostly turquoise and purple for its colors using Citadel paints. The turquoise part is a base of Stegadon Scale Green. Then it was a mix of Stegadon Scale Green mix with Temple Guard Blue.

The gradual highlight was done with layering on the initial mix with increasing amount of Temple Guard Blue. Then it was a Temple Guard Blue mix with white on the highest parts of the model.
The accent color on the monster is purple hues using a base of Naggaroth Night. Then I layered on Xerses Purple and then a highlight of Genestealer Purple. The final highlight was of Genestealer Purple with white.
I have not played the new Age of Sigmar yet. But hope to get some games in with my Wood Elves :)

Take care, and have a great rest of the week everyone!

2 comments: