Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Tyranids WIP: Tervigon

Not much hobbying done of late due to being under the weather. Just recovering from a small bout of Nurgle's "blessings". Good thing there are no mutations haha! But no Feel no Pain either. Decided to get back in the painting saddle with my Tervigon. This will be for the Slow Burn League.
She helped me decide on the final carapace color for my Nids. I decided to go for a bluish turquoise shell for my army. I used Stegadon Blue for the base, followed by Sotek Green for highlights. The extreme highlights were done using Temple Guard Blue.
I have not stuck her on the oval base yet because I'm applying some sand and flock to make it complete.
I used the main colors of flesh, orange and blue the creature. The accent colors were some bleach bone on the cluster spines.
I'm happy with how she turned out. Also got a small 500 point game in with my Tyranids. It was a loss as I had not much to deal with armor, and she went up against the legendary Legion Sicaran tank to boot! But the Tervigon did manage to secure First Blood and Slay the Warlord.

It was a fun game and I look forward to having more battles with them. I keep rooting for my opponent as I love to see bugs getting mowed down lol! Its a strange dichotomy :)

I'm being distracted after painting my Tervigon, and am assembling some Mantic Corporation Marines.

And on that note, I wish everyone a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment