Sunday, December 28, 2014

WIP: Deathwing Terminator Army

Its the end of the year again and my favorite time as its Christmas! I decided to revisit my Deathwing Termis during this festive season. They were what got me into 40K after playing the old Space Hulk game on PC many years ago.
I decided to go with an all foot pure Deathwing list. Pictured above are the main squads without the HQ choices, which will be Master of Deathwing and a Librarian in terminator armor. I managed to re-pose most of them and primed them white.
Also did some conversions using the termis from the Dark Vengeance box set.

And I also got some reinforcements in the form of the legendary Deathwing Knights. I will add the 10 of them above if I am playing in Apoc games to bring the army to 2500 points.

I decided to paint up a test model again as I had forgotten how to paint Deathwing lol! I went with the Terminator Sgt from Dark Vengeance. I also reposed him with bitz from the new Deathwing Command Squad box set.
I went with the classic bone white armor, green robes ad gold trimmings. I decided to go with a red sword as a homage to the old pc game where the weapons were all colored red.
I played around with the new paints for my current Deathwing models. I used a base of Banelade Brown for the model. Then a 50:50 mix of Baneblade Brown and Rakarth Flesh. I then used Rakarth Flesh as a layer. Then Rakarth Flesh mixed with white till I get the desired bone color. The armor on my Deathwing is towards more white-ish in color, again like the ones in the PC game haha!
Armor highlights were done using white at the very edges. For the robes, I used a base of Caliban Green. The successive highlights were done simply by adding Moot Green to Caliban Green.

The Deathwing termi colors remind me a bit of Christmas colors with the white, red and green lol! Maybe that's why I like it so much.

I would like to wish everyone a very Merry and Blessed Christmas, and a Happy New Year! May the coming year bring all of you more joy, time to wargame, time for family and loved ones, and last but not least, more epic moments on the tabletop :)

Cheers!

2 comments: