Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Thunderfire Cannon (WIP)

Had some time off tonight and did some of the main highlights and colors on the Hailstorm...I mean Thunderfire Cannon ;)
Front view, or rather, the enemy's perspective of the cannon. I painted it as if the cannon is charging up and getting ready for a shot, or shots! Good thing there is no mishaps on the roll like in WH Fantasy.
Side view of the contraption. I painted the armor with Regal Blue as a base. Then Regal Blue and Ultramarines Blue mix for the second layer. The highlights/edging are Ultramarines Blue. Will be adding white to the mix for sharper highlights.
I must say I appreciate the design of the cannon. It looks quite natural in a 40K environment and army.
It was pretty quick to paint up with the model mostly painted Boltgun Metal and then washed with Badab Black.
Can't wait to see how it does in games man! It's really a bargain for its points cost.

Tomorrow's the mid week people! Pressing on towards the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Wah! Scary weapon! I hate it!! LOL But awesome paintjob as usual!

    ReplyDelete