Wednesday, October 17, 2012

WIP: Templar Marshal

I have been using my Black Templars again of late. And they have performed quite well on the field of battle which was a bit of a surprise. My current BT list consists of a mix of units that used to be from other chapters. Now they are all Black Templars :)

I decided to paint up my Marshal as he can be easily confused with my Emperor's Champion Esymond in game.

I got most of the base colors on and finished some parts. But still got lots of highlighting to do.

Well here he is...Marshal Hadrian of the Twin Swords Crusade!

I'm using the Captain model from the Assault on Black Reach set. Its a really cool figure with lots of detail.

I've equipped with with the Power Sword and a Storm Shield. I've thought up a really nice back story to his sword and character. He wields the blade Dyrnwyn, named after a famous sword. I painted the sword as true to its inspiration as possible. Dyrnwyn also meaning 'White Hilt'.

I also added a flame motif to the blade to represent the inner fires of the sword, a sign of it judging the worth of its wielder.

Back view of the cloak. I opted to go for a bone off white color to represent its age.

Here's a closer and hopefully brighter pic of Marshal Hadrian's Storm Shield. I enjoyed painting the different colors to the usual black, grey and white of the Templars. Reds are a really good accent color!

Well, thats all for now. Its another day at work tomorrow. Work has been real brutal of late. That and I think I'm either gettin' older or more workshy LOL!

Have a great rest of the week everyone. And deepest apologies to all my friends who I have not really called on or spoken to for a while.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Dyrnwyn - welsh name XD
    Hahah he looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ RhydPedr

    Great to hear from ya :)

    Yeah man! Its a great sounding name with an nice background to it as well.

    Thanks bro!

    ReplyDelete