Monday, July 30, 2012

A Touch of Golden Yellow

Had a good start to the week and did some quick painting on my Wraithguard again. I decided to add a bit of Golden Yellow into the Iyanden Darksun mix.

Here are the results:

He looks much brighter! Golden Yellow sure is bright :) I actually quite like it surprisingly. The mixture of a darker basecoat with a bright color actually gave a warmer tone to the overall mini while still retaining the organic feel.

I still stuck with Iyanden Darksun as a basecoat. The difference was adding in Golden Yellow to the Iyanden Darksun in a 40:60 ratio.

He looks like he's bending back a bit there in a bit of a strange dance haha!

Back view of the Wraithguard with more yellow added. The highlights are not done yet. But I'm thinking Golden Yellow with Bleached Bone.

I shone the light from my phone on the Wraithguard. Hopefully this makes it a bit brighter lol! A top down view. I'm going to retain the color of the previous Wraithguard I painted in the post before this one. He'll be an example of how a Wraithguard that has gone through many battles will look ;)

Below is a sample of two 1750 point lists I'll be rocking for 6th Edition 40K:


List 1

1 Farseer 175pts
Spirit stones, Mind War, Eldritch Storm, Doom, Guide, Runes of Warding (Divination)

1 Farseer 85pts             
Fortune

10 Striking Scorpions 187pts
Exarch, Scorpion's claw

10 Pathfinders 240pts

10 Wraithguard 396pts
Spiritseer w/Enhance

10 Dire Avengers 177pts
Exarch w/ Power weapon & Shimmershield, Bladestorm

3 Warwalkers 180pts
Dual Scatterlasers each

1 Wraithlord 155pts
Brightlance, EML

1 Wraithlord 155pts
Brightlance, EML

Total: 1750pts

OR



List 2

1 Farseer 175pts
Spirit stones, Mind War, Eldritch Storm, Doom, Guide, Runes of Warding (Divination)

1 Farseer 85pts             
Fortune

10 Striking Scorpions 187pts
Exarch, Scorpion's claw

6 Rangers 114pts

10 Guardians 95pts
Scatterlaser
Warlock w/ Embolden 30pts

10 Wraithguard 396pts
Spiritseer w/Enhance

10 Dire Avengers 177pts
Exarch w/ Power weapon & Shimmershield, Bladestorm

3 Warwalkers 180pts
Dual Scatterlasers each

1 Wraithlord 155pts
Brightlance, EML

1 Wraithlord 155pts
Brightlance, EML

Total: 1749pts

Analysis:
The changes to the 2nd List was mainly swopping the 10 Pathfinders is List 1 for 10 Guardians with Warlock and a couple of Rangers. I used to play Alaitoc Disruption Table (good times!) but I've found that Rangers/Pathfinders don't do very much for me in games.

Still look forward to trying out the lists :))

Game on guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment