Friday, February 24, 2012

Another Chapter

A rather long awaited post this month of February...

This being a rather bittersweet yet pivotal crossroads for me as I have left the service of Medical Social Work. It was amazing five and a half years and i really learnt a lot and will remember fondly the times spent there. It was hard work but the colleagues and a great boss really made the road much easier.


Above is a picture of my desk. Yes! I can finally see the table! Prior to the cleanup, it was covered in files and other documents hoarded through time.


On the left is a Dark Angel Tactical Marine. He's been an ever present mini on my desk for as many years as i've worked at the hospital. Well, ee's finally comin' home :) I've decided to make his return to the Chapter a memorable one, as i brought the Master of the Deathwing to welcome him back. He now returns to his Tactical Squad with full honors.

More Deathwing
This has also inspired me to get back to painting more Deathwing Terminators. I did the one below using a different basecoat. I usually go for a Khemri Brown base but this time i tried out Vomit Brown. I have long suspected the painter of the Deathwing Termis in the Dark Angels Codex may also have used Vomit Brown as a basecoat.

I thought he came out pretty ok. There's certainly a lighter tone to the armor color.


I think the orangey effect of the Vomit Brown paint goes well with the Bleached Bone as its not too dark in simulating shading in the recesses.


Storm Shield. With 3+ Invulnerable goodness!


Back view.

Also decided to add some Lascannon toting dudes to the Dark Angels army.

Them Lascannons are from the Storm Raven. The Lascannon stands are made from Space Marine Scouts Heavy Bolter stands.

Star Wars 40K
Nope! I have not forgotten me Star Wars 40K army based on the new Sisters of Battle List.
Not with even more Space Rangers from em4 Miniatures on the way!

Pictured above are my conversions of Voss Mystics from the Star Wars universe. They were converted using the Empire Wizards kit and Wood Elf Archer heads. I'll use them to represent Battle Sisters with Simulacrum Imperialis wargear. Re-rolling Acts of Faith can be like an act of telling the future, no?

I'm looking forward to the road ahead. Hope to do more painting and spending more time with friends and family :))

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the miniature world! Nice to see you working on your minis again. Do get your 2500 ready for our event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @enrgie
    Thanks man! Yeah, i'm slowly painting the Wood Elves haha :)

    @crazyrat
    Serious ah?! That would be really cool! When is the release gonna be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. rumored to be june/july

    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?331635-6th-edition-starter-set&p=6060982#post6060982

    ReplyDelete